Today, I am excited to officially announce the second class of the Techstars Bangalore Accelerator!
This class builds upon the success of our inaugural class in 2019 that included companies solving emerging markets problems in the areas of environment, medical care, financial inclusion, developer tools, transportation and enterprise communication, which captured the attention of the Indian and global investor communities.
This year our disruptive startups are expanding our reach into new verticals including floriculture, media, sports-tech, warehousing-logistics and cloud computing. While all of our companies are for-profit businesses, I’m personally very inspired by their shared purpose to enable a positive impact on society through improvements in resource efficiency and lifestyle inclusivity.
After thousands of office hours and applicant interviews with founders from around the world, the majority of this class ended up being selected from within India, except for one team which is arriving all the way from Lagos, Nigeria. The founders are a diverse and skilled group of entrepreneurs who all possess a deep connection to the problems they are solving and the customers they are serving. We have founders in this class who have previously amassed audiences reaching 10’s of millions of consumers, founders who have successfully exited companies, and founders who’ve already bootstrapped their way to businesses that generate close to $1 million in recurring revenue. We even have a particle physicist from CERN in the group.
Bangalore has become a magnet for attracting India’s best startups and entrepreneurs, and our profile as a global tech centre has never been greater. I’m particularly proud to see great founders, corporate leaders, and investors from other developed and emerging markets interested in coming to India to learn about our business culture, distribution strategies, and designed-for-scale business models and infrastructure.
Techstars Bangalore Accelerator relies upon the tireless commitment of hundreds of people including mentors, alumni, investors, local and global corporate partners, and some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs. Thanks to their involvement, we made a significant and positive impact which was felt throughout India and the world in 2019. With their continued support, I am thrilled to announce the class of Techstars Bangalore 2020!
ChintaMoney uses open banking merged with proprietary tools to provide financial well-being to consumers.
Fliqpay is a cryptocurrency payment gateway that helps businesses in Africa receive crypto-payments and settles in their local bank accounts instantly.
Game Theory is a sports tech company with a vision to bring Video Game like experience to the world of sports. Game Theory also runs and manages sports facilities and coaching programs
GSTInput is India’s largest platform helping corporate avail GST credit on travel expenses
Building the world’s strongest young workforce by universalizing student freelancing.
Lightwing helps you Optimise Your Cloud Spend with Consumption-based Automation.
ODWEN is an on-demand & pay-per-use discovery & booking platform for curated warehouse spaces. They are an Airbnb/ Oyo for warehouse spaces.
South Asia’s largest stock photo company
Building a distributed supercomputer to help companies get 10 times faster computing results.
Rose Bazaar is a flower subscription service catering to the vast demand for traditional flowers in India for daily prayer.
After the success of our inaugural program which established the Techstars Bangalore Accelerator as the premier seed stage accelerator in India, we are excited to announce that applications are now open for the Techstars Bangalore Class of 2020. Over the next 13 weeks, we’ll be scouting for 10 of the world’s best startups building solutions for emerging markets.
What are we looking for?
- People, people, people – Great companies start with great people. Great teams have diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Your core team should be in place, covering the important functions of your early stage business.
- Personal & professional connection to your idea – A deep professional or personal connection within the team to the problem you’re working to solve, and/or the customer you’re working to serve.
- Customer insight – Customer insight that is deeply held within your team, but not widely known or accepted outside of it.
- Progress – It could be a POC, beta release or you could (but don’t need to) have an established revenue stream. To get the most out of Techstars you should have some degree of customer feedback.
Applications close October 13th, 2019 and the program will run from January 27th, 2020 – April 23rd, 2020.
We are looking forward to meeting as many entrepreneurs, investors, and community leaders as possible. We’ll be hosting a combination of office hours, events, and meetups in each of these cities. Check out our upcoming stops below and sign up:
Thank you and please help us spread the word by sharing this with your network (you can click to tweet here!)
Applications are now open for Q1 2020 Techstars mentorship-driven accelerators. These program spanning North America, Europe, and the Middle East are looking for the best entrepreneurs to join their 2020 programs. where they’ll experience 13 weeks of growth and business acceleration through hands-on mentorship, investment and access to the techstars worldwide network.
Accelerators accepting applications as of today include:
- Alchemist Blockchain Techstars Accelerator (NYC) – Apply Now
- Arcadis City of 2030 Accelerator, Powered by Techstars (Amsterdam) – Apply Now
- Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars London (London) – Apply Now
- BSH Future Home Accelerator Powered by Techstars (Munich) – Apply Now
- Cox Enterprises Social Impact Accelerator powered by Techstars (Atlanta) – Apply Now
- Techstars Anywhere Accelerator (virtual) – Apply Now
- Techstars Bangalore Accelerator (Bangalore) – Apply Now
- Techstars Berlin Accelerator (Berlin) – Apply Now
- Techstars Boston Accelerator (Boston) – Apply Now
- Techstars Boulder Accelerator (Boulder) – Apply Now
- Techstars Chicago Accelerator (Chicago) – Apply Now
- Techstars Hub71 Accelerator (Abu Dhabi) – Apply Now
- Techstars Lisbon in partnership with Semapa Next (Lisbon) – Apply Now
- Techstars Seattle Accelerator (Seattle) – Apply Now
- Techstars Smart Mobility Accelerator (Turin) – Apply Now
- Techstars Toronto Accelerator (Toronto) – Apply Now
In every Techstars accelerator, founders spend three months working with other founders, mentors, corporate partners, and investors to drive their companies towards rapid growth and success. Join the nearly 2,000 startups that have raised over $7 Billion in funding, boast a collective market cap of $22 Billion, and have accelerated their businesses through a Techstars accelerator over the past 12 years.
Think your startup is a good fit? Connect with us to learn more about Techstars accelerator programs and how you can join our worldwide network of more than 10,000 mentors, partners, investors and founders to accelerator your startup, or apply now.