I’m very excited to announce the ten awesome companies participating in the 2015 Sprint Accelerator powered by Techstars. This is the second time we’re running this program and the entrepreneurs will have access to our new health system partners such as KU Med and Providence Health, in addition to expert mentors and advisors from the Sprint and Techstars networks.
We’re especially proud of the diversity in this class. Four of the ten CEOs are female as well as many of the co-founders. One of the companies is based overseas and many of those based in the U.S. also hail from other countries.
The solutions being developed by the companies range from a personal connected breathalyzer, to a fertility thermometer and app, to software that connects pets with vets. Here is our amazing class of 2015:
- Alcohoot is a police grade personal breathalyzer that leverages mobile technology to help you be more responsible when consuming alcohol.
- HealthID is a mobile platform that assigns unique Health ID codes via a card or wristband enabling users to manage and share personal health information.
- Hidrate is a unique smart water bottle that syncs to your phone to help keep you hydrated.
- iDoc24 provides convenient and expert dermatology consultation for your skin concerns via your mobile device.
- Jolt makes wearable multi-sport head impact sensors to help young athletes play smarter and safer.
- Ovatemp is a cutting edge mobile app and thermometer that allows women to take control of their fertility.
- Oxie is the first smart, wearable air purifier enabling users to breathe clean air and receive real-time air quality information.
- Rex Pet Health is the first all-in-one app that enables pet owners to compare vet pricing, reviews, and services, while also scheduling appointments for their pets.
- Social Code is an online support community that improves the patient’s health via social connections, behavior change, and a greater understanding of their illness.
- Triomi is a portable 12-lead EKG that saves lives, costs, and time.